It is important to support our local Healthcare System. Check out the DCHS Community Flyer to find out how you can help!
– DCHS is a County not-for-profit Hospital. We receive no tax dollars through a local millage and our future depends on our Community staying local and utilizing the services we offer.
– DCHS offers nationally acclaimed Healthcare and a wide variety of specialty services. The current administration has successfully operated and grown our health system, doubling our Medical Staff and Employment levels independent of a partnership since 1996.
– Not unlike many smaller, rural health systems throughout the nation, DCHS is experiencing lower utilization, decreasing insurance reimbursements and competition for services that are creating financial hardships and are making survival difficult.
How can you help?
– Show your U.P. pride and support your local hospital.
– Choose to utilize our services that are conveniently provided right here in our town.
– Spend your healthcare dollars locally. Money spent in this town, stays in this town. It supports our local employees and their families, maintains and creates jobs within our community and keeps our 24 hour Emergency Department fully functional.
You have the right to choose to keep your health care dollars in our community, dollars that support our families and help our local economy thrive. You have that right.
If your primary care physician tells you, you have to go out of town for services, to see a Specialist (General Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, ENT, Urologist and others), lab work, MRI’s, you have the right to say, “I support my local hospital, I support my local physicians, I support my local community and I CHOOSE DCHS”!!!